Hatz for Sale

Where Hatz members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.
Bill Rusk

Hatz for Sale

Post by Bill Rusk »

Hatz Biplane

The Mehlin Smith Brodhead Hatz is for sale. Warner 145 hp radial engine. 150TT, 15 STOH, no electrical and no starter, you must hand prop it. Flies like a dream, and lands like a J-3 Cub. It has given many rides and NEVER had an unhappy ending. Spare engine parts available separately. 40K firm. Note, this is for all practical purposes an antique. You must be willing, and able, to work on it (or have lots of money to pay someone else to do so). Several videos on youtube. Search Warner and Hatz and Mehlin, and/or Rusk. It is a MAGIC airplane. I will miss it......Bill Rusk 815-98five-954four billrusk@aol.com

mtaylor

Re: Hatz for Sale

Post by mtaylor »

She's a special Lady, Bill. I'm sure it breaks your heart to sell her. I know you'll make sure she gets a good care keeper. I'd hate to see her lose that melodic sounding Warner to another airplane. There's a lot of scroungers out there who'd do anything for a Warner. Sure wish I could buy her!
hatz215

Post by hatz215 »

I know what you really want Bill. You want to trade even for my O-320 Hatz. It's OK. You can come fly anytime 8-)

Steve G
Bill Rusk

Post by Bill Rusk »

Thanks for your kind words, Mark. She is definitely a special Hatz and I will not sell it to just anyone. I've talked several folks out of it already. I need to downsize but not to the detriment of Mehlins memory. I won't sell it to someone who even hints at the idea of putting a different engine in it, or does not like to give rides. It is a Magic airplane for rides and I hope to see that continue. If it does not sell that is OK with me and I'll continue to give rides and care for it as though I built it myself.
If I find a good home for it, I still intend to remain in the Hatz fraternity and after finishing the Cub (and downsizing the house as well), hopefully I will be in a position to build my own Hatz.

Warmly

Bill
Bill Rusk

Post by Bill Rusk »

Steve

Well maybe.....................nah.............not so much. I do like your Hatz, but well.......I've kinda grown fond of the Brodhead Hatz. ;)

Bill
hatz215

Post by hatz215 »

Bill,

It was worth a try. Steve Lewis told me about flying yours the other day. So he's flown mine and yours. I may get mine back in the air tomorrow after a long (4 years) recover. It will be nice to fly the old girl again.

Steve G
dougm

Post by dougm »

I see from Barnstormers that the Hatz is sold. Can you tell us what part of the country it is headed for?
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
Bill Rusk

Post by Bill Rusk »

Hey Doug and all

Sorry it took so long to reply. Been really busy. I believe the Hatz went to a good home. It was purchased by friend who had flown in it and also flown it so he did not need to come look at it to know he wanted it. He was the first one to call at 6 am the day the ad came out. It took a few days for him to get the funds together, and then he came to get his new toy. He has wanted it for several years (since his first ride) so I am glad it worked out. Jeff loves to give folks rides so I am sure it will continue to fly in the spirit of Mehlin Smith. Jeff lives in the Oklahoma City, OK area on his own private strip.
Hopefully Jeff will bring it to our Hatz gatherings. I believe he will.
I'm still here......

Bill
Hatz777

Post by Hatz777 »

Bill, Sorry to hear about your parting with that great bird. Never got my kids up to Broadhead to ride above the corn in it, tho I will never forget it.

Caasi
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

By golly, a big handshake and a howdy to you Caasi! Thought you dropped off the edge of the planet! Good to hear from you, buddy! Still a rocket man?

Mark Taylor