New to group

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
danjquinn

New to group

Post by danjquinn »

I am new to this group and just purchased a set of Hatz CB 1 plans along with a complete set of ribs. The plans are serial number 3 and dated 6/29/77 when purchased by the original owner. Have there been any changes I should know about since these plans are pretty old. I plan to go ahead and complete the wings first since I have the ribs already done. I am eager to start making fittings but would like to know if there are any changes. Also the plans show 25 sheets. Is this the correct number? Thanks in advance for your help as I am sure I will have many more questions.
Dan Quinn
Ottumwa, Iowa
mtaylor

Re: New to group

Post by mtaylor »

Howdy Dan! Welcome to the gaggle! There have been some changes, but I don't know what they are specifically. There is a CD available with past newsletters and there is very positive feed back from those who have purchased it. They are mentioned in this forum and some searching would certainly turn something up. Actually, prepare to have a lot of free time to devote to your search since there is so much good stuff covered in this forum over the years, not to mention in all of the past newsletters. Other than the plans themselves, I had more enjoyment reading all the old newsletters when I first bought my plans in '98. And, you'll receive replies here from guys that DO know the changes.

Changes that some guys have incorporated (but aren't in the plans) are piano hinges for the ailerons instead of the three hinge system, 0-290/0-320 instead of the 0-200, larger fuel tank with accompanying changes to the center section to facilitate the larger size, .090 steel for the wing fittings instead of .080, plywood leading edge instead of aluminum, push rod instead of cable aileron actuators

Just a few ideas. Welcome aboard!