CB-1 wing rib full scale plan

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
Roscoe

CB-1 wing rib full scale plan

Post by Roscoe »

Gday ,I have purchased a secondhand set of CB-1 plans no 374 and while the full scale wing rib plan page isn't too bad there is a coffee stain obscuring the nose area dimensions .The chap I got them from made me aware of the stain but I would love to get another copy or at least the dimensions for the nose area of the rib just to be sure.Other than that the plans are great and I am trying to make a build area ready to start.Cheers Ross
JBMoore

Re: CB-1 wing rib full scale plan

Post by JBMoore »

If you just need the dimensions, we can get those, just let us know what's needed.
As far as a copy, be carefull. Just copying the print may change the dimensions either larger or smaller... no copier make a 100% dimensionally accurate reproduction. If you are going to use the print for a pattern, go back to the website and look for Mark Marino's contact information and ask for a new print from the plotter.

Good luck,
Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

Gday Jeff,To tell the truth I didn't think of getting a new copy,Has the rib design changed at all?I am still toying with the idea of the aluminium wing but will still probably go with the wooden wing as it seems to be ,while more work, a little more relaxing.Cheers Ross
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

My full scale print is from the original CB-1 plans of many moons ago... Clark Y with a 60" cord I believe. It is truss built with square stock, plywood gussets and nose block. I assume the Classic plans are the same.
The reason for the new print suggestion is most people use the full scale print in some way to lay out their jig. I copied the lines to a piece of plywood and worked from there. Others have put the print on their plywood, covered it with a piece of plastic and built the ribs on top of that.
Jeff
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
dougm

Post by dougm »

JBMoore wrote: Clark Y with a 60" cord I believe.
Jeff
Wouldn't that be a 50" cord?
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

I knew it had been a long time........!

Thanks for the catch.

Jeff
Jeff Moore