CB-1 progress

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
kconner

CB-1 progress

Post by kconner »

I finally received my registration from the FAA so I've got the go-ahead to paint the N number on the Hatz. The cowling and eyebrows are complete and ready for paint. The horizontal stab is mounted and the rudder and elevators are in place. Tailwheel, tailbrace wires and control cables are rigged in the tail and the mags are mounted and timed. Does anyone know where I can find a reinforcement plate the mounts on the back side of the prop flange for an 0-290 GPU crankshaft? ACS use to sell them but they are no longer available. I've been searching but no luck. If anyone knows where I could locate one please let me know.

Please take time to send an article and photos of your project for the newsletter. I am planning to send the Spring issue in April and need some input from Hatz builders.

Thanks,
Kevin Conner
JBMoore

Re: CB-1 progress

Post by JBMoore »

I use a starter ring gear support.

Jeff Moore

ps. Now that you have your N number, beware of the dreaded tax collectors. In Indiana, there is a time limit to notify the State to avoid paying a penalty but I don't remember if it was after I received my number or the airworthyness certificate.
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.