SN HC 085 Progress

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
HC85

SN HC 085 Progress

Post by HC85 »

Well, I figured that I would try and post something on my project and see how it turns out! I hope the photos are not "sideways" because when I tried to preview them they were! ( Not sure what is going on there because they are right side up in my files)

Anyway, the upper right hand wing is complete, except for final wood sealing. I sealed the areas that were going to be shut in during construction.

The photos show the end rib final sizing with the center section. Ended up very nice. The wing will be aligned perfectly with the shape of the center section end ribs.

I couldn't load more than five and I'm not sure where the photos ended, but I hope someone enjoys them, because I am having a BLAST building this thing!

Well, I see the photos are horrible! Sorry about that! Any advice on how to upload them would be much appreciated!
Rick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dougm

Re: SN HC 085 Progress

Post by dougm »

Lookin' good Rick! I should post an update on mine too.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
HC85

Post by HC85 »

Thanks Doug! The photos are not so good... They look fine viewed from my photo file viewer on the lap top... but not so good posted.

I am thoroughly enjoying the process! Great bird, great web site! :D
jptowey2

Post by jptowey2 »

HC85 -

Looking good, glad to hear your enjoying it! I just got plans so looking to start soon -- your pics look awesome.

A side questions -- I noticed on your bench feet that you have some sort of leveler. My next step is to build a couple of the EAA type benches... but I was going to use a carriage bolt drilled into the feet. Your leveler looks easier to use (and probably quicker to install). Can you let me know where you found them?

Thanks
Jim
Hatz Classic Plan #187
Sandwich, MA
HC85

Post by HC85 »

Hi Jim, Welcome to the gaggle!

I think I found those feet through Woodcraft. They were made in Germany... pretty nice for the money. I can't remember exactly what they cost, but they were reasonable and I came to the same conclusion. Get them to save time!

Have fun building!

Best regards,

Rick
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

Rick

A couple of things. The iPhone 4 that you are using is setting the picture dpi (dots per inch) to 72 dpi which makes the pictures a bit grainy. Not sure why it does that. There are ways to change to a higher resolution but all of them seem complicated and/or require expensive software like Photoshop.

Your last photo is rotated and looks good that way.

Also it looks like the forum needs pictures about 1024 pixels wide or they don't display properly. Your pictures are 2592 pixels wide.

There are a couple of ways to resize them so that they fit the forum better. If you have Microsoft Office it has an app called "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" that can resize and rotate the pictures. If not, just email them to yourself. My email program asks me if I want to resize them before I send them. Just pick the 1024x768 size. When you get them back, save them back to your computer and upload them to the forum.

I rotated and resized one here to see what it looks like at the smaller size. Still grainy but fits better.

HTH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
HC85

Post by HC85 »

Hey, those pictures look familiar...OH their mine!

Thanks for the hot tip on the photos! I don't have MS Office on this old portable HP, but I will attempt the email trick next time I want to post a pic.

Also, if a person right clicks on the photos, and saves them to their computer, they will present (show up) a whole lot better too. Hopefully folks who know more than I do about these things have done that if they were interested in my pics.

Thanks again for your tips! Good luck on your project!

Rick