Pictures prior to Oskosh

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
ssearle

Pictures prior to Oskosh

Post by ssearle »

I thought I would send some pictures before setting off to Oshkosh. Hope to see a few of you there.
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
painless

Re: Pictures prior to Oskosh

Post by painless »

Awesome! I think I should stay home now from OSH so I can work on my Classic! Great motivation!
Jeff Orear
Hatz Classic #138
Peshtigo,WI
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=Patients
HC85

Post by HC85 »

Oh, that is so beautiful! Wow, motivation is right! So nice.

Kinda hate to cover all that lovely work, but whacha going to do?

Thanks for the pic's!
ssearle

Post by ssearle »

HI You'all
.Come to Osh and the Tuesday forum and We can chat.
Looking forward to meeting as many Hatz builders as I can. This can be your best motivation. :D
Regards Steve
HC85

Post by HC85 »

I'll be there! Brodhead too. : )
DavisD1W

Post by DavisD1W »

Nice! I like how you narrowed up the fuselage so that the Rotec cylinders stick out a bit! Well done!

I'm looking forward to being at that point. I'm still making ribs......
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Very, very nice, Steve!

You blended in the Rotec beautifully! What's the level of the thrustline below the upper fuse longeron? Nice surrounding too! Like the long headrest cone!
We wish you get this Hatz built and in the air, but enjoy every minute, it's wothwile! We have now about 75 hours in our Vintage Hatz and plan to attend a few fly-ins this summer. The Rotec runs flowlessly!

All the best and greetings to all Hatzers (hope to make Brodhead and Osh next year)

Hans & Sam, H.C.#78, Switzerland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Woha

Post by Woha »

Hello! Find the differance... :lol:
Nice work Steve!
Wojciech HC#164 Poland
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

For someone too impatient to go through the building process NX687HZ is still for sale. Look it up on the For Sale thread.

John Kerr
ssearle

Post by ssearle »

Hi Hans & Sam - thrust line question. I put it 8.9 inches below centre of the upper longeron, as per the plans I have. (plan revision specific for the Rotec.) It also has extended landing gear. If I had to do it again I would make the gear 2 inches shorter than the plans - depends on the wheels and prop of course.
I have questions for you - what did you arrive at for final prop specification (pitch & diameter)? Also what cruise speed and rpm do you get with it?
Steve