Stab Wire Lug

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
DHinesCB1

Re: Stab Wire Lug

Post by DHinesCB1 »

yeah, I didnt see the square tube mod until after I had done mine to plans. I like it better, but mine will work fine. The way I'm aligning the rear of the strap, has the front of the strap sticking ahead of the tube. This will work good for me, as I plan on making an inspection panel that will lay in on top of the front of the strap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave
PA-12
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Dave,

That looks alot like mine, sans the strap so far. I too am interested in an access panel in the emp (to change the setting of my adjustable incidence stab.) The inspection panel you describe may be just the thing. Thanks for chiming in and adding clarity.

-Jackal
DHinesCB1

Post by DHinesCB1 »

Thats, what this forum is all about, I've gained a lot of help myself. Again, I'm not certiain this is the "best way", but its what I came up with. I to am putting my inspection panel on the bottom to adjust the incidence. It will be a reach, but I like that it wont be visible, and this seems a logical and easy place for one.
Dave
PA-12