Oshkosh 2010:

News and Field Reports of fly-ins around the country where Hatz Nutz gather.
HatzLymanC

Oshkosh 2010:

Post by HatzLymanC »

This is for those "Hatz Nutz" attending Oshkosh this year and I hope there will be a few. I talked to Joe Norris Friday and the EAA's "Homebuilt Community" will be taking over the building formerly used by NASA. They plan to host various events and activities for homebuilders there during the week. Part of those plans is to "Showcase" two homebuilt designs every day. Joe has asked the Hatz Biplane Assn to participate and has tentatively scheduled us for Saturday, July 31st at 10:00 am. The plan would be for someone from the EAA Homebuilt Aircraft Council to do the presentation in the form of an interview, although they would be open to have us do a presentation. They would also like to have a Hatz that they could move into the building on the day of the showcase, if someone would be willing to make theirs available for that purpose. Let me know what you think and I can get back to Joe. Thanks!!

Lyman
JBMoore

Re: Oshkosh 2010:

Post by JBMoore »

I plan on attending but usually leave on Friday so I have time to get home in case of weather. If we were earlier in the week, I'd be game.
Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
WacoJoe

Post by WacoJoe »

Lyman and Jeff (and any other interested parties),

I have been able to work the schedule so as to move the Hatz presentation up to the beginning of the week. If someone could provide a Hatz airplane to feature in our "homebuilts in review" program in the new "Homebuilder's Hangar" on MONDAY, July 26th at 10 AM I'd really appreciate it. We'd like to have a Hatz to roll into the building and someone to talk about the Hatz design. Please let me know if you would like to participate!

Thanks!!
Cheers!

Joe

Clifford Hatz

Post by Clifford Hatz »

Hi Joe, I'd be happy to help out on Monday anytime you need me to. If Jeff could have his plane there ,I'm sure we could get people to help out. This sounds like a real good idea for Oshkosh, did you come up with it? Will the line up be in the program or on the Airventure site?
Clifford
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

I'm willing to move for the show and tell
Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
WacoJoe

Post by WacoJoe »

Well, as things go around here at this time of year, the whirlwind of AirVenture planning has lots of things happening at the same time. The schedule for the Homebuilders Hangar is filled up and finalized. You can view the schedule at the following link:

http://www.eaaapps.org/forumsearchresul ... cation=117

But as things often happen during convention, the schedule may change. If any of you folks want to be on "standby" in case we have a last-minute cancellation I'd love to work you into the schedule. Stop by the Homebuilders Hangar early in the week and let me know if you're interested and give me some contact info. We'll see how all this goes, as this is the first year of this venue and this function, so we are definitely in the "EXPERIMENTAL" stage!!

Thanks!!
Cheers!

Joe