Hatz Classic S/N 37 Update

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
Ebby

Hatz Classic S/N 37 Update

Post by Ebby »

As hard as it is for me to believe I am in the final stages of completion. :shock: As of this moment I am fitting the cowlings and getting ready to install the prop. Once done this bird moves to my hangar and the garage and basement become a garage and basement again and not an aeroplane factory. I've been doing my homework on rigging and FAA paperwork. With any luck 37 will have its first flight this summer. Once we move to the hangar I will post some pictures. Thank goodness for this forum and the information it contains. Anyone building one of these beauties will certainly gain from participating in this forum.
Ebby
Hatz Classic S/N 37
Flying!
orchardair

Re: Hatz Classic S/N 37 Update

Post by orchardair »

Good work.
The sense of pride in one's own accomplishment is such a good feeling.
Looking forward to pictures!
Hatz Classic plans# 136
stearmoth

Re: Hatz Classic S/N 37 Update

Post by stearmoth »

Hi Ebay,
I remember my feeling, when we we're at the same stage!
Congratulations for going slowly, but stadily and straight ahead with the clear goal in sight! One thing is for sure:
If someone doesn' like working by heart the many different things to do to build his own personal aeroplane,
he better let it be!
Looking eagerly forward to see your pics!
Kind regards
Hans & Sam, H.C.#78, Switzerland