New builder no. 954. - how to display plans

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
KentDornier

New builder no. 954. - how to display plans

Post by KentDornier »

Dear Hatz friends: following the outstanding Hatz forum in Oshkosh last month I made the easy decision to join your esteemed ranks as the proud new owner of plans number 954. Thank you to Jim Pinkerton for making this easy. This online forum has already answered most of my questions to begin the build. Can anyone please suggest how to protect and display the plans in a shop? I am thinking of a sort of large binder. Thanks from Kent Misegades, Seven Lakes, NC.
JBMoore

Re: New builder no. 954. - how to display plans

Post by JBMoore »

I just let them fly all over the place. It made things interesting when there was a breeze or weld splatter or coffee ring stains!
Some have constructed a wooden box with a hinged plexiglass cover.
Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
orchardair

Post by orchardair »

It is very useful to have enough workspace to show two pages at once. This is about 3.75 acres of work bench area, but if you can do it ;)
Hatz Classic plans# 136
KentDornier

Post by KentDornier »

Thank you for the good ideas. I'm thinking of laminating them to protect them. Kent
Ray Beeninga

Post by Ray Beeninga »

Our Eng.Div. hung them on racks or the wall. A drafting supply store sold rounded wooden broom like sticks split down the middle which clamped the blue prints, on one end of the prints, using 2 or 3 screws with wing nuts. I comandered a couple of these when building my RV-4 40 years ago. They worked great! Ray
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

I had mine scanned into TIFF images. I use the computer to view details and print out the portions and details I'm working on. That way I can add my own notes and coffee rings without obscuring the originals.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
KentDornier

Post by KentDornier »

mmarien wrote:I had mine scanned into TIFF images. I use the computer to view details and print out the portions and details I'm working on. That way I can add my own notes and coffee rings without obscuring the originals.
Great idea Murray. Thank you. Know anyone named Nikschat in your area? Part of my wife's family, originally from Germany, live in Regina, Saskatoon and Moose Jaw. Beautiful Province. One day I'd like to fly all over it in the summer at low altitude. Kent
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

Don't know of anyone by that name - yet. Definitely make a trip to Saskatchewan when you can. A bit flat but colourful in the summer.
DSC_0141.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
KentDornier

Post by KentDornier »

Wow, stunning picture. Thank you. What airplane was this shot from? How about the name Holstein? One cousin was an RCAF mechanic for the Snowbird Tutors. Kent
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

The picture is from my Glasair II about five or six years ago. Great plane for xcountry. It's been coast to coast in Canada and from Phoenix to Marsh Harbour in the Bahamas. I'll have to confess though before someone catches me. The picture is in Alberta near the Drumheller badlands. Same great view as Saskatchewan.

I had a project down in Moose Jaw, home of the RCAF Snowbirds. I got lots of sightings of the Snowbirds practicing, smoke on and off. Don't really know anybody down there though.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada