Comparing different Hatzes

A general discussion area where you can talk about the various flying characteristics of the Hatz and Kelly-D.
Dana

Comparing different Hatzes

Post by Dana »

Hi, new here, thinking of buying a Hatz. Looking at two in particular. One has an O-200, empty weight 820, gross 1300. The other is O-300 powered and is 950 empty and 1500 gross. Both are rather high time engines and the prices reflect that. The first question I have is what kind of performance difference could I expect?
Dana

Re: Comparing different Hatzes

Post by Dana »

Boy, this place is dead! I guess everybody is over in the Hatz/WACO section on biplane forum. Anyway, to close this out, I ended up buying a different one, #205 with an O-290 and I couldn't be happier.
dougm

Re: Comparing different Hatzes

Post by dougm »

Believe it or not, folks DO check in here regularly and contribute. Since it is only dedicated to the Hatz it doesn't see as much traffic as BF, but don't dismiss it for that reason. There's a lot of good stuff here and people to help.

Glad you found your Hatz. Please do continue to frequent the HBA forum. One thing I've noticed over the years here is that it tends to be more builder focused than flying focused. We could use more input from people like yourself who are flying regularly but not building.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster