Engine mount CB-1 with 0-320-H2AD

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
Ray Beeninga

Engine mount CB-1 with 0-320-H2AD

Post by Ray Beeninga »

I've been looking for the spec's on the engine mount for a CB-1 using an 0-320-H2AD for about six months with no success. Dose anyone know of a CB-1 flying with the H2AD and it's different dynafocal ring ? Also, is this something in the CAD files ? Thanks Ray
KentDornier

Re: Engine mount CB-1 with 0-320-H2AD

Post by KentDornier »

Hi Ray. I suggest looking at the online EAA videos on engine mount designs then give them a call and ask for help. The Bingekis books give some good pointers. Here is a good starting point:

http://www.eaavideo.org/detail/videos/h ... abrication
Ray Beeninga

Post by Ray Beeninga »

Thanks Kent, I think I'll do that. I'll buy a mount from a salvage yard off a 172 and tell them I don't care if the legs are bent as all I need is the ring. then I'll use the same tube diameter and thickness as used on the C-172. That should hold it to a Hatz! Thanks Ray
KentDornier

Post by KentDornier »

Great idea Ray. We are going with an O-200 fir our CB-1. My A&P son and I have a lot of experience with the engine. We are both on the lighter side - still - and trying to keep the plane bare bones and light. Kent
Ray Beeninga

Post by Ray Beeninga »

Hi Kent, keeping my CB-1 on the light side too, although I'm not there myself. The 0-200 would do great, I actually got a runout Lyc 0-235 with the project and then found the 0-320 H2AD at just too good a deal and a bit early. But I should climb like an angle.------- Starting the Stits process on the forth and last wing tomorrow. Ray