NewMember and builder

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
wile coyote

NewMember and builder

Post by wile coyote »

I have always liked the classic biplane look. I first saw a Hatz Classic at Oshkosh 2007 and thought it had the look and lines of an antique, with the benefit of being a homebuilt. I had not been a pilot long and was in the throws of an RV8 kit. I finished the RV in 2014. Although I love the RV and find it true to the Total Performance mantra advertised, I love building and the challenge of a plansbuilt has got a hold on me. I had a Fly Baby biplanes for a couple hundred hours and miss the open cockpit biplanes. Sadly it only had one seat.
After buying and reviewing the plans, and reviewing the resources of the dedicated builders on this site, I think I'll take the plunge.
Just thought I'd introduce myself since I will be reviewing the forums regularly and hopefully meeting some of you at fly-ins in the future.

Looking forward to it.
Eric Wiley
Early, TX

dericwiley@hotmail.com
Flying S AirRanch
Early,TX
Ray Beeninga

Re: NewMember and builder

Post by Ray Beeninga »

Welcome aboard Eric. I'm in McAlester OK trying to compete a project started in 1987 by a builder in Ohio. I'm the third owner of the project and at 76 hoping to live long enough to finish it. If you get up this way stop in at the Mcalester airport, my project is in the main hanger. Ray Beeninga
HC85

Post by HC85 »

Welcome to the group!

I am located at KSCA on the field, and am here almost every day but Wednesdays. If you are up this way, you're welcome to stop in and eyeball my project.

Rick
HC85
Verner 9 power
Jetsareforkids

Post by Jetsareforkids »

Welcome aboard, if you make it down to Conroe, stop by and let’s go flying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wile coyote

Post by wile coyote »

I have a niece that just moved to Conroe. May take you up on it. Nice plane!
Flying S AirRanch
Early,TX