Expercraft site TU

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
painless

Expercraft site TU

Post by painless »

I have had my Classic buildlog hosted on the Expercraft site since I stared my project. Recently the site has been down for “maintenance”, with a projected date of January 15th for things to be resolved.

Today 1/16/19, I visited the site to be met with a message that the site has been suspended indefinitely. There was a contact email provided which I have sent an inquiry to, but no response yet.

So my buildlog is not accessible. Any suggestions for a different site to use?? Stupid me, I haven’t backed up my buildlog. I have enough of a hard time just keeping it updated. I of course still have all the pics I’ve taken, but I hope I can retrieve all my entries from Expercraft somehow. Hopefully the site administrator will get back to me with instructions on how to do that. :roll:
Jeff Orear
Hatz Classic #138
Peshtigo,WI
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=Patients
Bitshifter

Re: Expercraft site TU

Post by Bitshifter »

Wow, that sucks.
I have been following yours and others and have noticed that they were down. It would be a big loss to the Hatz community if the data is lost.

Good luck
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

That is a bad turn of events. I wonder if it's just a problem finding a host computer to run it on. There may be an easy solution to that. It could also be that it was hacked or crashed and the data was lost. That would be a big problem.

I used Google Blogger.com. I used it for a couple of trips and it seemed easy enough to use. It's not specifically made for aircraft built projects but if all you're doing is recording your 51% it's an easy way to add pictures and some text. I could have done a lot better with the organization of mine. It's flexible enough though that you could probably organize it like Expertcraft.

Here's hoping they can get it back for you or at least allow you to retrieve your data.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
Bitshifter

Post by Bitshifter »

Expercraft now has an explanation posted on the site. It is worth reading.
It looks like the data is still intact.
http://www.expercraft.com
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"