A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
orchardair

A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

Post by orchardair »

Made some progress today.
brace.JPG
rudderTE.JPG
Getting close to the point of squeezing the rudder L.E. and the VS T.E. at the top, where the challenge is to get the squeeze to only spread away from the hinge line.
Wish me luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hatz Classic plans# 136
orchardair

Re: A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

Post by orchardair »

Gumption.
On top of all the perseverance and patience and probably a little of craziness that is all required in order to complete one of these projects, I believe it also takes gumption.
Specifically I am referring to the act of jumping into a task that you know
A. you have never tried before
B. You are afraid you don't know how to complete, and also afraid that you will fail.
In fact you are pretty sure it will take miracle...

Such was the case for me and the squeezing of the top of the rudder leading edge, so that it only deforms into the rudder area, and not towards the edge which parallels the vertical stabilizer.

and then....
TADA:
squuzeSide.JPG
squeezeProfile.JPG
RudderLE.JPG
Now only one more of these, for the top post of the vertical stabilizer, and I will feel very good about myself....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hatz Classic plans# 136
dougm

Post by dougm »

Sorry, couldn't resist... lol. Seriously though, great job!
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
orchardair

Post by orchardair »

Good one Doug!
Hatz Classic plans# 136