Flying Wires

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
Bratz

Flying Wires

Post by Bratz »

Hi Boys & Girls, Looking for some advice on flying & landing wires on a CB-1. The wires on my plane (I'm not the builder) seem looser that you'd think they should be. The airplane fly's well - a tad left wing heavy. I don't want to start making adjustments and screw that up. I've half convinced myself the flying wires might become a bit tighter when flying but that argument doesn't work for the landing wires. I have't been able to find any kind of a tension specification. Is there a target tightness? Also, anyone have a review on the torque wrench type tensiometers I see available?

Thanks,
Dave
Ray Beeninga

Re: Flying Wires

Post by Ray Beeninga »

Describe looser. How far in inches do they flex at the center point? They are streamline wires , correct ?
hatz215

Post by hatz215 »

Are your wires vibrating in flight?

Steve
Ray Beeninga

Post by Ray Beeninga »

Did your flying wire issue get resolved? If yes, how so? I'm about to hang the wings on mine for the first time and wouldn't like to see the wires shaking around when taxi tests start.------I have streamline wires. Ray