Flying Wires - Group Order!!

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
dougm

Re: Flying Wires - Group Order!!

Post by dougm »

Great! I hope it works out for you.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
PA28Arrow

Post by PA28Arrow »

Got the order placed with scheduled delivery in February. Also got a call back from Bill and had nice conversation with him. Thanks again.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I've been talking to a guy who advertised on Barnstormers from a place in New Zealand who is offering wires even cheaper again.
He says they are all AN, stainless, rolled threads etc. I haven't ordered since I haven't had a recommendation from anyone. It's a lot to shell out if you can't be sure!
Also been talking to Bruntons. I live in Europe so it makes sense for me to buy them here.
I gave them the spec on the plans and they want to know the AN numbers of the wires I want. They say, for instnace that a 3/16" rod for the tail doesn't mean much to them on it's own.
I just assumed the supplier would know all this but since thye ask, does anyone know precisely what I am supposed to be asking for? I know the majority of wires are AN 674 and the associated ends AN665 but as for the rest?
I'm sticking with the plans, by the way. no lengthened cabanes or anything like that.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Well I sure would love to join this order, but I'll have to cross my fingers and wait until the next gaggle, I suppose. When one of you gentlemen receives your order, perhaps you could post here all the technical details, so that those of us ordering in the future can get all the data right.

Nick
dougm

Post by dougm »

Nick, you may still be able to get in on it. Give Steen a call and see what they say.
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
dougm

Post by dougm »

Well, I came home from work yesterday to find a giant tube leaning against the house... the flying wires have arrived!!!! :D

I have to thank my wife for rescuing them and getting them to the house... the knucklehead UPS guy left them in a snowbank a few hundred feet up the road :evil: Apparently he was uncomfortable coming down my dirt road even though my wife drives it every day in the minivan :roll:
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Jeff wrote:I've been talking to a guy who advertised on Barnstormers from a place in New Zealand who is offering wires even cheaper again.
He says they are all AN, stainless, rolled threads etc. I haven't ordered since I haven't had a recommendation from anyone. It's a lot to shell out if you can't be sure!
Also been talking to Bruntons. I live in Europe so it makes sense for me to buy them here.
I gave them the spec on the plans and they want to know the AN numbers of the wires I want. They say, for instnace that a 3/16" rod for the tail doesn't mean much to them on it's own.
I just assumed the supplier would know all this but since thye ask, does anyone know precisely what I am supposed to be asking for? I know the majority of wires are AN 674 and the associated ends AN665 but as for the rest?
I'm sticking with the plans, by the way. no lengthened cabanes or anything like that.
Hi Jeff,
I wanted to send you a private message, but I couldn't do so. I would like to get in touch with you, as you are living in Europe and building a Hatz!
I would enjoy if you drop me an email at: hans.u@aeroplaneworks.ch

Best regards
Hans & Sam, H.C.#78, Switzerland
Nick

Post by Nick »

OK well now a year later, I'm ready for my wires. Anybody else interested in getting together on a group order for a big savings? We need 5 or more.

Nick
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hey folks, below is the word from David at Steen Aero. A group order constitutes a savings of OVER $900 EACH. Even more if we can find 10+ builders.
So if you are within a year or two of needing your wires, now is the time to order, as the price is only going up.

Nick

Hi Nick,

The current pricing for 1 Complete Set of Flying, Landing and Tail wires complete
with SS Terminal Assemblies for the Hatz Classic is $4028.40.

If you can locate a minimum of 4 additional builders, this will meet the criteria
for a group order of 5 sets and your cost per set will be reduced to $3116.12.
If you have 10+ total builders, Bruntons will provide additional savings.

Even if the builder is years away from completion, he will require these wires at some
point in the future and the cost will be more expensive even with the group order discount
as nothing of value is declining in cost.

Kind Regards,
David