Where is everybody?

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other forums.
Dana

Where is everybody?

Post by Dana »

Almost two months into the new year and this is the very first post of the year???

Been a cold snowy New England winter, but today although the ground is still snow covered it got up to almost 50°, though a bit blustery. I played hooky from work this afternoon and pulled the Hatz out for the first time in over two months. Landings were a challenge and unpretty in the gusty crosswind but the airplane is still usable, and I felt better after watching a buddy land his Navion and get blown around even more than me. :o

I wanted to take some pictures of the snowy landscape, but not so much that I wanted to take my gloves off...
PXL_20210224_195804975_reduced.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bitshifter

Re: Where is everybody?

Post by Bitshifter »

I met Dana at the Golden Age air Museum in Bethel Pa, he was camped under the wing of his Hatz and I was with a friend nearby in a tent. I am building a Hatz Classic and he was nice enough to give me my first Hatz ride. I can confirm that a 6' 4", 220 lb person can fit in the front of the CB1 but not necessarily comfortably. It was a very cold night and Dana is quite a hearty sole.
Dana, thanks for the ride and hope to fly with you when mine is complete.
Dana.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

Yeah. Way too cold for flying here in Canada. Think Polar Vortex with a promise of melting snow sometime this year yet.
20210218_092620.jpg
I've been working on my Hatz but not a lot on my my blog. Nothing exciting is happening. I did finish my trim control. A couple of my neighbors suggested that I put a clear side panel on it so the inner workings are visible. I did that and added a Hatz logo.
20210225_135236.jpg
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
Dana

Post by Dana »

Nice... mine is a lever and is very touchy.

The weekend rain washed away most of the snow and it's supposed to get up to 47° on Wednesday, so I'm hoping I can get a quickie in after work if it's not too windy. Fiddled with the tailwheel today, hoping to fix the shimmy I was seeing last time.
wildhorsesracing

Post by wildhorsesracing »

It was finally not raining or toow windy last week so I managed to get a few touch and goes in.
20210225_155620.jpg
-Jim Pantas
N89DG
hatz215

Post by hatz215 »

I can't believe I used to fly the Hatz routinely in the low thirties. But that was when I was in my low thirties! Now that I'm 62 that's about where I want the temp.

Steve
Dana

Post by Dana »

40° is my limit, and that's a short flight. Maybe if I get an electrically heated vest and gloves...
wildhorsesracing

Post by wildhorsesracing »

hatz215 wrote:I can't believe I used to fly the Hatz routinely in the low thirties. But that was when I was in my low thirties! Now that I'm 62 that's about where I want the temp.

Steve
I agree - I am 59 and that is the temps I look for when I want to fly...
-Jim Pantas
N89DG